What is Lydia thankful for this year?
1. For God and Jesus. Thank you because everything begins and ends with you.
2. Of course for New England Chapel and the Divas.
3. I am still here blogging. A lot less, but still here.
4. My daughter is thriving in Kindergarten.
5. She got a leaf in the forest of virtue for being a hard worker and being kind.
6. I am surviving my daughter.
7. I am being more patient and kind.
8. I am doing my best to remember that her tantrums and issues are not all about me.
9. Cherishing her many good qualities and many accomplishments!
10. My son is surviving 3rd grade.
11. He struggles at paying attention, but he manages to get by.
12. That he is a still a tender heart.
13. He is growing up and becoming less impulsive.
14. My husband is still married to me.
15. Every year he sees the real me faults and all, and sticks around.
16. He said the most romantic thing ever to me this year. At Disney World we were making plans to split up the kids and meet back in front of the magic castle in an hour. He said “If you come back and we’re not back, just leave your glass slipper”.
17. I honestly almost cried. Underneath his geek like façade is a secret Prince Charming.
18. My mom is still here!
19. Her cancer has shrunk.
20. Thankful that she helped send us to Disneyworld.
21. That she has the strength to fight her illness.
22. That I have a loving caring mother.
23. My kids have an adoring grandma.
24. She loves to spoil her grandkids.
25. I have learned to not stand in the way.
26. They bring her so much joy.
27. They help motivate her to keep fighting the cancer.
28. That she is always a phone call away.
29. That she lives on Cape Cod. (Near the ocean where she and I are the happiest)
30. For Millard.
31. He is the sweetest kindest husband and he loves my mom to death.
32. He bravely deals with his Alzheimer’s in stride.
33. Now he is showing his sweet side and sense of humor.
34. He lets me hug and kiss him.
35. He tells me that he loves me.
36. The kids have a soft, kind, sweet, grandpa (His older grandkids did not have that same experience either did I)
37. He is wonderful with them! He sings to them and tells them stories while they sit on his lap.
38. Granny is still here!
39. 94-years-old still in the hospital but she is on the mend.
40. She is in my life.
41. When I met her she scared the heck out of me, she is tall, imposing, dignified, and very intimidating. I learned that just wants to be treated like everyone else.
42. Now I treat her just like a friend. I am myself and now she is one of my favorite people.
43. She may look like an old lady, but she is the bravest most interesting person I know.
44. I secretly believe that I am her favorite. (Shhh don’t tell the others)
45. Grampa, 93 (94 in March) did have a little stroke, but he is back at home.
46. The first time I met Grampa he said. “Well look at you. Aren’t you beautiful”!
47. It was love at first sight.
48. He is my oldest soul mate.
49. He is a genuine old school Cary Grant like charmer. He is a champion of a gallant breed of dashing men that no longer exist.
50. That he had his book published, that he is still here to see all of his hard work and hold a beautiful book in his hands.
51. That all of his wonderful stories and paintings are immortalized forever.
52. I secretly believe that he likes me best (Shh don’t tell the others)
53. After I met Granny and Grampa I knew that I would marry Dave. I had found my people.
54. My mother in law and I have become really good friends.
55. I truly love her like a mother.
56. We have shared a lot of good times and laughter this year!
57. She has finally started sticking up for herself.
58. She has actually told many people off. I know that is an odd thing to be thankful for, but she has held too much ion for too long.
59. That my kids have a Nonni who lives for her babies!
60. That she is starting to believe that she is beautiful and right, just as she is.
61. Pappy is still having health problems, but he seems happier than ever.
62. To see him all teary eyed at Chris, his younger son’s wedding.
63. That he is taking his diabetes seriously.
64. The way he love sue.
65. That he is like an M&M. Under his hard candy shell is sweet lovely chocolate.
66. Each year his shell gets thinner and thinner.
67. Chris & Jen got married!
68. Watching Christopher grow up and become a man.
69. Seeing him on the alter marrying his soul mate.
70. For Jen!
71. That Chris found his true love.
72. That she is an awesome woman with a great fun family.
73. Knowing that he and Jen will live happily ever after.
74. The wedding was a crazy fun party.
75. I have a new sister-in-law.
76. Now my kids have 1 real uncle and 2 real aunts!
77. Now we just need some real cousins?
78. That my kids have many “aunts” who love them just as much as any blood relations!
79. That my kids have many “cousins” to play with and see on holidays.
80. For my aunts and uncles.
81. Especially for my beloved Aunt Charlotte who we are missing for the second Thanksgiving. You live in my heart.
82. My many magnificent cousins. Love scattered all over the world.
83. Especially Paul. There will always be part of us missing.
84. I love having so many wonderful people who have loved me my whole life.
85. Of course I am thankful for my puppy Anabel.
86. Yes she has diarrhea at the moment and I spent Thanksgiving morning…well you don’t want to know. She is a loyal sweet dog.
87. I love that she follows me into every room. Yes, even when I am cooking and she is underfoot literally.
88. I am of course thankful for my girl friends. Without you I have no idea how I would survive.
89. You are there for me even when I go into hibernation.
90. You listen to me complain about my privileged life.
91. We fight, but make up and grow stronger
92. That I know we will be little old ladies together.
93. I am truly thankful for my kid’s school.
94. All of the teachers and my secret crush Dr. O’Mally.
95. That when I asked Alice what she was most thankful for she said “Myself”
96. That I learn from her every day!
97. I learned that I should be thankful for myself.
98. I am a good mother.
99. I always try my best.
100. My best is good enough.